Sensitive children in families can have challenging experiences in childhood. You might have been sensitive to household noises like blenders and dishwashers or motorized toys if you were the sensitive one. A parent’s tone of voice or criticism might have felt harsh. The emotional atmosphere of a childhood home could have made you wary. The gift of sensitive children’s childhood is empathy and sometimes the desire to support other sensitive persons.
A Sensitive Parent Coach for Sensitive Parents & Children
Your temperament and experience are the exact reasons why a nurturing profession as a life coach for parents or families could work for you.
You work from home. Your awesome natural traits of listening and empathy are monetized in a coaching field where you value another person’s sensitivity.
In turn, a sensitive adult feels valued by one who understands that sensory information is processed more deeply because of how one is hardwired. Oftentimes, the feelings of information overload or confusion at being sensitive overtake a co-worker’s ability to complete a task. Sensitive children fell guilty for their sensitivity. A sensitive parent may have difficulty relaxing and enjoying family time.
As a sensitive yourself, you can know how easy it is to be shy or not reach out, and then feel guilty about it. Yet connection with another supportive person is how to accept and deal with sensitivities.
Coaches for Sensitives Can…
Coaches for other sensitive parents can empower each other to create supportive lifestyles, deal with energy overload and overwhelm. But the most awesome part is learning and using the gifts of being sensitive:
- Feeling deeply
- Following intuition
- Listening to your knowing about others- you know their energy, their vibes, their needs and you can even feel their fears.
- Feeling empathy for another emotions and thoughts
- Living a mindful lifestyle comes naturally to Sensitives to Intuitives. One experience of roller coaster or attending a jam-packed loud concert is enough. Blaring negative news from the television isn’t useful.
Of the four core temperaments, two temperament types include the trait of sensitivity to the environment: the Nurturer/Supporter and the Observant Thinker.
Supporting Sensitive Children
The Nurturer-Supporter are heart-oriented children and natural helpers.
Supporter children see most people as nice and could have a blind spot in that regard. As children of heart, they give people the benefit of the doubt. As a sensitive child, they don’t understand the bullying child. Yet, the bully might choose the sensitive child as a target.
Another temperament trait is empathy. So the empathic child is easily overwhelmed by emotional negativity, spankings, anger and the hurt that others feel.
Environments that nurture this sensitive-child are calmer emotionally, and support family qualities of togetherness, playfulness, closeness, compassion, conversation, or sharing. The Family Coach can mentor, suggest, and plan these activities for the family.
Strategies for Nurturing Sensitive Children
- Cite the talents of being a sensitive child, which could be in creative areas of music or art, or in the heart-oriented talents of intuition, writing, and being involved in school plays, or personal activities that encourage self-expression like writing in a journal.
- Encourage the strength of the trait sensitivity in honoring the child’s knowing. A sensitive child of nurturing temperament has a unique ability to “read” people. The knowing is an empathic sense of their feeling, interests, or even how best to communicate with another.
- Personal connectedness is a way to help a supporter child feel safe. Whether a child feels most connected to one parent, a sibling, a family friend, or a teacher, the intent of the mentor or connection os to be there for the child and help process the overwhelm of negative environments. A Family Coach can serve this role. Moreover, the connection serves as a safety net to encourage a child to understand the blind spots that he or she may encounter as a sensitive child.